COVID-19 Online Resource & News Portal - Emergency Hotline: 0800 029 999 - WhatsApp Support Line: 0600-123456
Interesting articles about the Medical Aid industry and Medshield position in it
Posted in Medshield Wellness   |   June 3rd, 2020
Nothing pains a parent more than seeing their child fall easy prey to infectious diseases. We all are aware of the importance of a balanced diet for children. Let’s find out other ways to supercharge your kid’s immunity:
1. Breastfeed your baby to lay a strong foundation. Remember nothing can replace the goodness and nutrients of breast milk, ever.
2. Vaccination should be your priority. Following an uninterrupted vaccination schedule is always good and guards toddlers against various diseases.
3. Include spices like – Garlic, Ginger, Honey, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Flax Seed, etc in your regular intake of food if you are breastfeeding your baby.
4. Leafy Greens, Cruciferous Vegetables, Oranges, Lemons, Clementines, etc are great for building immunity. Try to get your child to eat 2-3 servings of fruits and veggies a day where one serving is about 1 cup.
5. Foods like – Fish, Eggs, and Chicken must be included if you are a non-vegetarian.
6. Give your child nuts like walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachio, etc every day. Make a powder of these nuts and use it in their regular bowl of cereal or food.
7. Include homemade or store-bought Yogurt or Curd daily in your little one’s lunch.
8. Ensure your child is getting 10-11 hours of uninterrupted sleep every day.
9. Let your kid spend some time in the sun in the first half of the day to make up for their daily intake of Vitamin D.
10. Try to manage at least 2-3 liters liquid consumption every day by including soups, milk, juices, coconut water, buttermilk, lemonade etc besides water.
11. Exercise is a great way to keep your child immune from diseases. Regular physical activity like of about 45-60 minutes daily boosts the immune system and provides many other health benefits to your child.
12. Avoid Sugar, Junk, and Oily Food – Occasional indulgence is ok, but these foods wreck havoc on your child’s immune system and mental health when taken on a regular basis.
13. Ensure your child’s hygiene. Washing/Sanitizing hands before and after meals, after coming back from school or playground goes long way in maintaining good health.
14. Take 5 minutes every morning and night to listen to a soothing song or recite a prayer. This is the best way for him/her to meditate at this stage. It will soothe his/her nervous system and shoe away stress!
15. Last but not the least, show love to your children more than often. Keep the communication bridge always open. Let them know that you are always available for them No Matter What!
Discuss things about family, their favorite things and friends regularly. Say kind words, encourage them for every task and appreciate them for even little accomplishments.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this blog post is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms or need health advice, please consult a healthcare professional.
Home Page |
Lifestyle & Fitness |
Medical Scheme |